Modern Farmer is launching an ambitious campaign to build a community of a million gardeners, and we need you to help lead the way.
The Million Gardens Movement was born from the realization that the garden is one of the very few places left where everyone – right and left, red and blue, rural and urban – can come together. And there has never been a greater need for communities that support more sustainable and resilient food chains, encourage sharing our produce with neighbors, and support local food banks.
This is a big project, and we need you on the team if we are going to make it happen. If you are a gardener, if you are creative, and energetic, with a desire to make the world a better place, then you are who we are looking for. If you go to bed every night entertaining preposterously ambitious plans, schemes, and fantasies, then we need you. If you are a community builder, a networker, and a communicator, this is your dream job.
- A love of gardening (whether it’s on your fire escape or in the back forty)
- Experience building communities, championing causes and running campaigns
- Strong social media skills and experience with social media marketing a must
- Experience working independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills. (i.e. no jerks, bonus points for sense of humor)
- Build and execute a campaign marketing plan
- Interact with community members
- Create and distribute campaign materials
- Competitive salary
- Can work remotely
- Flexible work hours
- 6 month contract with possible extension
To apply, please send [email protected]:
- No cover letter, but a link to a short video (via TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, etc) explaining why you are perfect for the job
- A one-page CV that includes your social media profiles
- A picture of your favourite plant